Wednesday 10 March 2010

LIFE FROM A WINDOW ...

... I'm just taking in the view.
Life from a window - Observing everything around you ....

First up, hoooooooooooge sorrys for the lack of blog recently. I don't mind admitting that recently it's been hard to cope and there's been a couple of occassions when I've almost given up and decided I wanted my life back. Last night I sat and caught up on the huge pile of adoption packs that were waiting to be sent out and when I'd finally finished I realised why things have been so frantic - we usually rehome about 120 bulldogs a year, last year that rose to 126 - this year we have already rehomed 156 bulldogs and there's still 3 weeks left until the end of our accounting year!!!!! I feel a bit better knowing that I'm not actually having a real nervous breakdown after all - just more people needing rid of their bulldogs, and it's only going to get worse if the government scheme to insist that all dogs are insured comes into play - See: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/162264/All-dogs-to-be-insured-by-law/ because most people simply cannot afford the premiums - faced with the option of prosecution or dumping the dog I think we can all see how most people will react. I'm still hankering for a revamp on the licence system, and I know I've banged on about this for a long time now, but we need to make it harder to get a dog in the first place - not make it harder to keep one.

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you Tania,Its just too easy to get rid of your dog.Owning a dog of any breed is a huge reponsibility,but owning a bulldog is harder.They are high maintenence and people should take this into account before buying one,what with vet bills we don't really need the expense of insurance aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The genunine Bully lovers like us lot will always be there to offer them less fortunate loving homes.Keep being amazing Tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU DO A MARVELLOUS JOB TAN AND CANT B EASY AS THEY ARE A HARD BREED TO CONTEND WITH , AS LONG AS WE ALL STILL GOT JOBS IM SURE PEOPLE WONT MIND GETTING INSURANCE, ALL MINE ARE INSURED BUT AT A COST !! ITS MORE LIKE ANOTHER MORGAGE ...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tania, You are an amazing person, and should never give up. Youve given me 3 beautiful bullies and the experience of many fosters and kennel work, never give up, the bully world would fall apart. all my love x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tania please do not give up on this beautiful breed. They will always need someone like you. I have now had three rescues over the past 15 years and my life has been enriched beyond wealth with them. I cannot imagine not being able to return to Bulldog rescue when the time comes for my next one.
    If wishes could give you strength you would be strong beyond measure as I wish you well every day when I look at website.

    ReplyDelete