Monday 31 October 2011

The bulldog really is a wonderful thing

Which is of course why we've all got one (or two or three or .....) but they are mischievous and resourceful little blighters too! I went to shut the chickens in last night and as usual shut the mesh door, slid the door across to the nest box and opened the little peep door to check all were where they should be only to find as I shone the torch in that the chickens had turned into a bulldog!!! Our 10 year old Mabel had some how climbed the ramp, squeezed through the sliding door and had settled down for the night in the next box. We spent the next frantic half hour soaking wet trying to find three very bewildered, sleepy,wet hens who had scattered around the edges of the garden finding the most dense and bramble filled bushes they could find. It's quite funny now but you should have seen my face when I saw a bulldog face looking back at me instead of three chicks perched and settled down for the night! Thankfully they all seem non the worse for wear and Hansel gave me her second egg this morning so hopefully she's not too phased by the experience.
If I hadn't had been so frantic I would have got a photo and she didn't seem to understand why I was so cross with her either. Thankfully it was dark and the hens were all sleepy enough to be handled OK.
The new web site is now totally up and running and all the missing pages are up to date, I'd really like to know what you think of the new lay out? Is it easier to navigate? More complicated? Let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment