Thursday 24 November 2011

God Bless America

As the Bulldog Nationals finds itself well underway and the fact that our Chairman Vicky is once again enjoying her week in the States reminds me that it's been 13 years since my one and only trip to the American Nationals. 1998 - Reggie the first wasn't even a year old and I was the only UK Bulldogger on the internet, in those days the only choices you had for chat groups were American ones and I had joined the Bulldog-FX group where in time I was invited to go out there. I remember sitting on the plane and the chap next to me asking me where I was going to stay "with a lady I met on the internet" was the reply - can you imagine saying that these days LOL. It was an absolute fabulous week and I really hope that I get the chance to go again some day as I made some wonderful friends over there. But as the week progresses, the New York Times has jumped on the breed bashing bandwagon with their article "Can the Bulldog be Saved", a quick look on Miss Puddleducks blog shows she's relishing the fact that her anti bulldog lobby has crossed the pond, it will be interesting to see where this one ends up as I can't see the yanks rolling over and playing dead quite so easily as us Brits did.

No comments:

Post a Comment