Monday 4 April 2011

Time ticks by

I can't beleive that Edward has been here two weeks already, but the improvement in him is amazing. He's still very thin but no where near as pink and after his second dip yesterday it looks like we are winning with the demodex quicker than I hoped. Another skin scrape later this week will see how many more he has to go, but this dog has the most amazing personality and it brings a lump to my throat when I watch him running round the garden because he thinks THIS is great, he has no idea that things are going to get so much better for him. As we begin April, I celebrate my 10th anniversary with Bulldog Rescue. Things have changed so much since I first started back in 2001. Back then I had 3 kennel pens which could be empty for weeks at a time, now we've got 8 kennels, a kennel maid who comes in every day (love you Annie) and dogs waiting to come in, I've seen alot of changes over the years, breathing has certainly improved but eyes continue to be a problem. Skin problems pop up from time to time but as people learn the benefits of a good diet these too seem to be getting better. The bad press the Bulldog gets though continues to worsen and as we saw the number of bulldogs bred peak a couple of years back, the overflow of those breedings is why we are seeing such an increase. As I year end the accounts I'll soon be able to see just how many more bulldogs are coming through the system but as other rescue centers, that only a few years ago had never seen a bulldog, suddendly find themselves with them on a more regular basis I fear our figures are only the tip of the ice berg.

5 comments:

  1. Great to hear Edward is doing a lot better :-) do you have any more pictures of him Tania?

    10 years, something to be proud of, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the 10 years! So pleased Edward doing well, have been waiting for news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cissy also aged 2 3/45 April 2011 at 22:10

    I am so glad to see you are on the mend. I also love being in the garden, more so if the sun is out. I hope you coat grows back soon you will be such a looker when it does.

    I will keep my eye on you. You are in the best place, with the best people to get you better.

    Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edward you are gorgeous! glad to see you are doing better. You are in great hands x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see your smile Edward - you are super cute!

    ReplyDelete