Sunday 30 August 2009

The Holiday is Almost Over

As my week off comes to a close, I don't actually feel like I had any time off at all, but I did spend an entire day in my PJs dong the house work and I must admit that was the best day of all as I never get to spend all day in my PJs and I never get time to really do the house work properly. But I have spent an awful lot of time sorting out rescue issues and sadly many of the situations that needed me were urgent - 3 of which were serious cases of aggression!!! It really disheartens me, I do this to help but the litters bred for money at the peek of the price boom in this breed are all hitting 2 years old, the true scale of how badly they were bred begins to show through, mainly with serious behaviour problems. I will never turn my back on this breed but plead the breeders out there to be so careful who you let your stud dog go to, I don't mind clearing up after you but please show us the same respect. I am also aware that some people have got very frustrated at the fact that they couldn't reach us this week, but to be honest we only ask for one week out a year and without it, it would be very easy to start resenting the job I love so much so a few days out of it helps all of us in the long run.

On a brighter note, you may have seen the hillarious outcome of our appearance on the BBCs One Show, if not you can see the clip here: http://www.bulldogrescue.co.uk/ontv.htm. Click on the photo of Dutchess and Maggie to read some of the comments on Mr Sargeants rudeness

No comments:

Post a Comment