Wednesday 2 March 2011

For Dana ;o)

For the first time since I took over Bulldog Rescue, I'm seeing people gift in several dogs on a regular basis, this was something that had only happened once before when a family gifted in their entire breeding stock before emigrating, but in the first 2 months of 2011 we've already seen three breeders decide they can no longer continue and ask us to find homes for their kennelled dogs. The increase in dogs will no doubt be reflected in the end of year figures which are due at the end of March but I can't help but feel that we've lost some very caring people in a breed that needs all the caring people it can find! As a direct result of this increase in dogs Annie is now in every day as opposed to three days, long gone are the days when I could run this rescue single handedly and if things continue to grow as fast as they are I'm not even sure I can continue to do what I'm already doing around a full time business and a choice may soon need to be made ....

In the meantime, I've spent this morning shaving all the fur off a poor little scabby girl. Although she looks twenty times better than she did when she arrived, she's now as bald as a coot. Thankfully she doesn't seem to mind and very much enjoyed her bath. It'll be a while before she's looking for a home but she seems to come out of herself more each day and she's is a real pleasure to have around the place.

Very quickly, I'd like to thank everyone that has supported Reggies Den's move into VPS products, I was very concerned that after all that training there's be no extra custom but I'm pleased to say that things are ticking over reasonably nicely and remember that if you are a member of Reggie's Newsletter there's currently a 5% discount running on all VPS products until the 5th, so be quick and join up at http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/ReggiesDenNewsletter/?yguid=82641684

Thank you all again for supporting Bulldog Rescue at this very busy time and this blog is dedicated to Dana who very kindly rang and asked if I could update just for her .... so I did ;o)

3 comments:

  1. Tania, after reading your blog, I get the impression that you are prehaps thinking of giving up the Bulldog Rescue (hopefully I am wrong in my interpretation and please correct me if I am),obviously there are only so many hours we can spend at work and we all need a work/life balance so obviously only you and your family can make that decision... but Bulldog Rescue would not be the same without you, the care and love that you show all the bullies that come through your door is remarkable and unconditional, I doubt very much you could be replaced.

    I am sure you have thought about many resoulutions, the amount of help and advise you have given to people is invaluable, is there anyway we can help?? Could you prehaps get some volunteers in, even for a couple of hours a day, I am sure there would be loads of volunteers....I know if I lived local I would offer my services.

    Or, is there any possibility the BDR could be set up in another part of the country so it would ease the burden on you?

    Could you prehaps have more foster people, so bullies do not have to spend as much time with you?

    Wishing you all the best in whatever your decision is.

    PS, I enjoy reading your blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, it would need to be something very drastic to make me give up. It's hard at times but I have lots of very lovely loyal people around me giving me lots of help, sorry if I gave that impression - you don't get rid of me that easily LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, good to hear :-)

    ReplyDelete