Thursday 11 November 2010

SHIVER ME TIMBERS

What I want to know is, how come when it's Annie's shift in the kennel she gets glorious sunshine, when it's my shift it's blowing a bleeding gale and all I get is a row of big brown eyes looking at me with a look that say "if you think I'm coming out in this you can think again". In fact the wind is so strong this morning that it snapped the chain that holds the kennel door open!!! It's been such an awful week for them, what with the fireworks and now this gale force wind it's no wonder they are not all a bunch of quivering wrecks! Speaking of quivering wrecks, the new stray is finding her feet at last and enjoys a cuddle now instead of cowering away in the back of her run waiting for you to wallop her! However bad rescue can make you feel there is nothing quite like the feeling when a scared dog comes to you for reassurance for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment