Monday 29 November 2010

Revolving Doors

Three dogs left for their new home on Saturday and Sunday saw three new arrivals, as I said, it's all just one big revolving door. It's very strange saying goodbye to a dog that's leaving for his new home, part of you is convinced that no one could possibly look after him properly but the other part of you is so happy to see him leave the kennel knowing he's destined for someones sofa. All three dogs that moved on Saturday all seem to be doing really really well and I'm sure that I'm already a dim and distant memory. The three that arrived however all speak Welsh and I'm sure they think that Annie and I are talking strange because we've had a few growls this morning, but it must be so overwhelming for them to suddenly find themselves in a kennel, although one gave me a bit of fright as all night he's not moved from his bed, every time I woke in the night I quickly checked the camera and he was in exactly the same place as the last time I checked - turns out the heat lamp is just too much of a temptation and bed is where he want to sit and do his sulking.
There were quite a few comings and goings over the weekend, another new arrival in Lancashire and the very sad case of the dog that moved from his foster home on Friday to sadly die shortly after arriving home. The highs and lows of rescue can really be stressful at times and Diz finally convinced me that I needed to see the doctor about the headache that I've had for the last 8 days. Apparently it's a tension headache and they won't do anything until I've had it for 3 weeks - goodness I hope I don't get it for that long, it's starting to get on my nerves now.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the loss of the rehomed bully, R. I. P., play hard at Rainbow Bridge.

    Imagine having to wait 3 weeks before the doctors will do anything about your headaches........that in itself is enough to cause you stress Tania!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sorry to hear about the loss of the bully! and hope your tension headache goes soon.

    ReplyDelete