Thursday 15 October 2009

Needed this like a hole in the head ...

I had a bit of a sore throat on Sunday at the show and Monday when I went out to collect Claire, I was full of cold but didn't feel ill. Tuesday the cold hit with a vengance and by lunch time I was back in bed feeling like shite, as the afternoon wore on it was becoming difficult to breathe but at 2am I woke up and really couldn't breathe. I had asthma in my 20s but it soon became apparent that I was having an asthma attack and ended up in A&E at 3am on a nebulizer which helped a little. Turns out I have a chest infection and spent all of yesterday in bed with an inhaler and anti biotics!! Needed that time off like a hole in the head, I am so behind with paperwork that being ill wasn't really an option! Feel much better today but need to get Claire to the vet, she's not kept anything down since she arrived so it's looking like there's an underlying reason why she's so thin. Will keep you posted - and if you are waiting for paperwork from me I am so sorry but I'm now even further behind!!
SEE COMMENTS FOR UPDATES ON CLAIRE

2 comments:

  1. We've had some bloods done on Claire this morning and she's lost 3 kilos in 3 days!!!
    On some really sloppy food in the hope it stays down and depending on what the bloods show we'll do a barium xray tomorrow. No one can beleive how lively and happy she is for a dog that looks like she should be dead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloods are all normal. So she gets a barium xray tomorrow - fingers crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete