Monday 26 October 2009

Weekend whirlwind

2 new arrivals on Saturday, oh what fun it was driving an unlined van full of dog crates down an unmade seafront road LOL, especially as I missed the house and had to go back down the road again, it was like sitting in a popcorn machine! Sunday was breed rescue meeting day in Birmingham, this was going to be an interesting meeting without a chairman, but Malc Presland very kindly stood in to fill the void and an excellent job he did as well. I did raise the subject of the van and the backlash we've received which seemed to be met with total disgust. I don't know who said it, but it was by all accounts a comment made after the van was seen at the Junior Bulldog Club show last week. The breed council were invited to see it and they did seem to consider it a necessary item of equipment which was a great relief.
Then it was back via Kent - Birmingham to Kent is not as easy as you'd think, the sat nav sent me just about everywhere except the motorway I wanted so it was hours before I reached Dartford and if you see a bulldog rescue van on Road Wars - yes it was me going the wrong way up a one way street - I've never been so embarrassed as you can't be conspicuous with the phone number splashed down the side of the vehicle !!! Our new arrivals all seemed to be nicely settled and I am aware that the rehoming page is a little out of date, that's my job for tomorrow, but for now there's a huge pile of orders to get through, oh the joys of a Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment