Sunday 11 October 2009

The Van's first official journey

We went to the London Bulldog Club show today, gosh it's been so long since we went to a show and it was great to catch up with everyone and see the wash of new faces that have popped up since I was last allowed out in public. It was a bit of a last minute decision to go but we sold a few calendars and some of Ian's keyrings. They asked me to judge the junior handling which was a great honour but very nerve racking too as it's been even longer since I was in the ring, Jason used to do Junior handling when he was 10 - he's almost 20 so I couldn't even draw on that experience either. From the 2 that entered it was very hard to chose, with Junior Handling you are actually judging the handler and not the dog. The winner had a huge dog (almost as big as her) but she talked to her dog throughout and reassure him with a softly spoken "stand". The runner up really impressed me when she poked her dogs tongue back in, but sadly had her dog too tight on his lead. I have no idea who the winners of the main show were though as I was far too busy eating delicious apple cake and gossiping with Gemma. Oh and I actually remembered to put Diesel in the van and not petrol but I'm not promising that will last LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment